The value we bring as professional copywriters isn’t that we write well. A lot of people write well. Many of the Marketing executives I deal with came up through the copywriting ranks. I’m very good. Some of them are very good.
The value we bring is not about writing. The value we bring is:
- We learn the topic/product on our own.
- We listen well, take notes, understand the key points.
- We don’t need a lot of handholding, asking question after question–we know how to research
- We understand the market/audience–we know how to talk to experts.
- We make smart decisions on our own–we know how to solve issues of structure and theme without help.
- We hit our deadlines. Every time.
- We write drafts that don’t need a lot of revisions–we get it right the first time.
Once we get all that down, the writing is the easy part.